9/2/08

Hawaii 2008

So me and Derek having been planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Hawaii for years (almost 10)!We couldn't decide to go the last week of September or first week in October. We were deciding what to do for labor day weekend and Derek said "we could go to Hawaii now, it would be less stressful for me because I am giving all my workers Friday and Monday off, so I would only miss 2 work days''. So Sunday late night we booked tickets to leave on Thursday morning! When Derek was working Monday he mention the trip to Justin who said '' me and Sarah just had our ten year anniversary, maybe we can come''! So Justin booked the tickets and surprised Sarah with a trip!

Hawaii
August.28- September.2

Thursday
We stayed at The Hilton Hawaiian Village, this is our view out our window

They had this really cool lagoon to play in!
After dropping off our stuff we were off to The International Street Fair
They had some fun shopping and street performers

Friday
We started the day off going to the Dole Pineapple Fields
Justin wanted me to get his picture with the monkeys for Kash!
We rode the pineapple express train that gives you a tour of the fields!

I love pineapple, and went here as a child so I really wanted to go back. The pineapples are so cute how they grow.




After the pineapple fields we were on our way to go snorkeling but had to make a pit stop at a local fruit stand on the side of the road. They had yummy mango's!


On our way we stoped at some different beaches and one of them was the beach they film the show Lost at it was a beautiful beach, I wished I would of got pictures! I guess it's normally closed but we got lucky!
This is Sharks Cove were we went snorkeling.
Snorkeling was so much fun, we saw the prettiest fish and were so close to them. I was a little nervous about going but so glad because it was so fun!

After we got cleaned up we went to dinner at Benihania's. It's such a fun place, they cook your food in front of you. The crab and lobster were delicious!

As we were waiting for our Waiter guess who walked in and sat at the table next to us...


Dog the Bounty Hunter and His wife Beth!!! Yes mullets and all!!!
At our hotel they had a penguin exhibit and it was fun to see them so up close!

Saturday
We went to 'Iolani Palace it was the official residence of the last two king and queen of Hawaii! We took a tour of the inside!
Hawaii has these cool big trees that the roots grow out from the top and hang down! Justin had to take a swing on them!
Then off to the Polynesian Culture Center, there is so many different native islands that you visit that have shows from that culture and activity's to do.



The canoe tour
The canoe runs through the culture center and they do a show on it called Rainbows of Paradise canoe pageant!

There was a lot to see, one man and a 10 yr old kid climbed this palm tree with only there bare hands and feet!

We also did the Luau there and when you went in they greeted you with a fresh flower lei.
We had the best seats we were center right in front of the stage!
This is the pig that they cook in the ground for everyone to eat!
There were lots of awesome dancers and singers during the dinner!


At the end they asked if you were celebrating your anniversary and so Justin and Sarah went up on stage and danced! Me and Derek didn't raise our hands since our anniversary not for a couple more weeks!
Sunday
We went to Pearl Harbour
We went on a tour of the submarine and you wore these headphones that gives you a audio tour as you walk through it!




After Pearl Harbour we got on a airplane and flew to Maui we got to stay at Sarah's bosses house in Maui, we put our stuff away and then went to some shops and dinner. Maui is alot less touristy.
Monday
We went on a helicopter ride of Maui. It was a hour tour and it was alot of fun! Me and Sarah set up front next to the pilot so we could see everything!


Some of the beautiful waterfalls we could see out the window!



After the helicopter we went snorkeling again in Fish Bowl.
After we got cleaned up we went out to dinner and as we were driving we saw this sign:
I couldn't believe someone had the same name so we had to get a picture! And they even spelled my middle name the same with 2 r's!
Tuesday
We just relaxed and got packed up to go home! We first had to fly to honolulu and then get on another plane to fly home! We got home at midnight, but so worth it! It was such a fun trip, we really packed every minute with something! It was a lot of fun that Justin and Sarah could come with us! I loved every minute of it but did really miss my kids and glad they were with grandma carol having a great time! We came home to darling hawaii pictures they made for us!


These 10yrs of marriage have gone by so fast! Not only having so much fun with my husband but having 4 wonderful kids! I still feel like I just graduated high school! The trip was worth waiting ten years for! Can't wait to see what we do in the next ten!








8 comments:

Melody B. said...

What a fun trip. Holy cow, you guys know how to party!:) such beautiful sites and awesome culture.

The Kennedy Family said...

I love the pics!
Looks so fun, can't wait to go someday!

amberbuck said...

I've been checking your blog like everyday waiting to see pics. It looks like you guys had so much fun! Love the pictures of you and sara and the birds, I was dying. I'm afraid of birds but those pics were cool. I'm glad you had a great trip!

shell said...

as I scrolled past the pic of the pig - I could almost smell it! I am so jealous. I love hawaii

Holly Webster said...

Thats a great way to celebrate 10 years! How fun! I love the pictures! It's so good to get away together with no kids but by the end of the trip I think every mom misses their babies!!

the cummard family said...

aloha!

miss the islands so much. the pcc is my favorite-the dancers are amazing. loved when they shimmied up the palm trees and snatched a coconut. i can smell the lei's and the kalua pig from here! 3 years from now will be our 10....start hinting to parker ;)

The Tetlow Family said...

I love that the pictures the kids drew for you have you dressed in a coconut bra and Derek doesn't seem to be there. Too funny. Looks like you guys had a blast. When Alex and I went for our honeymoon we did so many of the same things you did. We have so many of the same pictures.

Ashley said...

Those are awesome pics. I can't wait to go. thanks for sharing. I have to talk to you more about this to get ideas.
Ashley Whiting